What information must be supplied in the application letter?
- A cover letter containing and explaining
- Contact Information
- Back ground
- Work history and/or extra curricular activity
- Financial need
- Goals for the future and career goals
- Applicants must furnish a copy of their most recent grade transcript – However, this scholarship is not awarded based on grades or overall GPA. We are more interested in your dedication and goals for the future.
- Three letters of reference.
- High School seniors applying for a scholarship must include an acceptance certificate from the postsecondary institution they will be attending.
- Submit application letters to:
- Attention: Scholarship Program
- PO Box 978
- Aberdeen, SD 57401
How are scholarships awarded?
The SDSWMA Board President appoints a committee of SDSWMA members who review all applications. Applications are reviewed on a point system basis and those applications with the highest points are awarded scholarships.
How many scholarships are awarded?
The number of scholarships and the dollar amount awarded vary from year to year. In 2014, $4,400.00 in scholarships were awarded.